Monday, May 16, 2011

Cheaters never win (5/16/11)

I was playing Candy Land with Madison this morning. She loves when she's beating me, but definitely gets upset when I start passing her up. Her little gingerbread man was at the end of the game & it would easily take one card to win. She thought I wasn't paying attention & she moved her man to the finish line, even though the card she drew was still a few spots shy of winning. She proudly declared "I won, I won".

I gave her a look that let her know I knew what she had done & I gave her the ole line "It's not about winning the game, it's how you play the game that matters". She looked at me, with a confused look on her face and said "I still beat you", smiling mischievously.

She'll understand the saying one of these days I guess. For now, I just put her gingerbread man back to where it was supposed to be & watched her a little closer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment