Monday, March 14, 2011

Just wanted to Help... (3/14/11)

I began my morning not unlike other mornings... I heard Noah doing something downstairs so I went to check on him, only to find that he was in our lower bathroom/laundry room mopping my laundry basket with a wet mop. It didn't take a genius to see that he managed to get the mop wet by dipping it in the toilet. I ran upstairs to get my Clorox Disinfecting wipes & cleaned the basket & all the little drips he left for me around the bathroom.

Later in the day, during which Noah was supposed to be napping, I again here the suspicous sound of something going on downstairs. I run down to find that Noah had my Clorox wipes that I had forgotten on the counter & was wiping down my laundry basket. I explained to him that he was not allowed to touch those wipes because they could sting his eyes. I scrubbed his hands free of the chemicals.

I tried to usher him out of the bathroom, however, he ran to the toilet yelling " I need to flush 'em!" That instinct that only a mother can truly know kicked in and I felt like I was in one of those movies with the cheesy slow motion while yelling NOOOO.. I got there just in time to scoop out the clorox wipe and, apparently a drier sheet, before they were both flushed down. Whew...it was a close call.

I began scrubbing my hands and arms vigorously with soap, Noah looked perplexed and asked me "Why did you throw that away?" I explained that you cannot flush wipes or anything else for that matter. He still looked confused, but smiled brightly & proudly stated "I flushed 3 of 'em!" So much for my heroic efforts...I think I hear a stopped up toilet in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment